Saturday, October 3, 2009

Teotihuacan

Saturday's visit was to Teotihuacan -- a huge archeological site 40km outside of Mexico City.


As we climbed the Pyramid of the Sun, I took a picture of the Pyramid of the Moon on every level (while catching my breath). And then I processed each one differently, including the two of Zorra and Nevara that I took within 60 seconds of each other. I am nothing if not inconsistent.



It was a very long way to fall.

Having just put a new bottle of anti-bacterial gel in my camera bag, I allowed the girls to pet a stray there.
The plaza in front of the Pyramid of the Moon
My handsome husband and amazing chauffeur.
Zorra wanted to climb up this large platform and take her own pictures only to realize when she arrived there that she would have to descend alone.


3 comments:

  1. do you have a wide angle lens for you camera. I have been thinking about one and if i would use it much. Henry uses his all the time and while some photos are great others it just does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. we really need to get together for lunch one of these days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, Shayne, lunch is in the cards.

    I do not have a wide angle lens. Instead, I have Photoshop which has a fairly intuitive photomerge function. It was during this trip that I finally started using the exposure lock button on my camera which has made a world of difference when taking pan-shots. Used to be, I would get home and would have to tweak the photos to make the exposure consistant. Anyway, as for a wide angle lens, sometimes I think I need one, but really, I already complain enough about hauling around my one camera body & the 18-200mm walkabout lens. I can't imagine the whining you would hear if I were carrying a lens I only used occasionally. Plus, I need the room in my bag for the anti-bacterial hand gel that has become mandatory here in D.F.

    ReplyDelete