Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cholula

Cholula, home of the famous hot sauce and the world's largest pyramid. Mostly the pyramid looks like a dumpy hill upon which is built the very lovely Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios (Church of Our Lady of Remedies).




While strolling up to visit the church, my girlfriends and I met Jesús García, a local artisan who makes art out of colored straw. We watched as he free-handed the images, and then we bought a bunch of stuff.




Nevara came with me for some special bonding time.






While my friends and I were standing near the top, observing the awesome views, we were discussing how much we wouldn't want to live down hill and down wind from an active volcano. Popo, who had been putting out a slow mist of smoke all day (see the top photo) took that opportunity to belch, as if to agree with our caution.

1 comment:

  1. So glad we went!

    This was a lot of fun and the only thing I would change is if we were able to make it an over-nighter. That would be a fun Girl's Weekend Out. Next time I'm going to remember to bring the sunscreen though...

    ReplyDelete