Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 2 - Turibus

Stop - don't do it!

Maybe it is because I live in Mexico City, but 2/3 of the double-decker bus route was extremely boring, very hot, and just generally hellish.
Palace of Fine Arts -- Palacio de Bellas Artes
Pope JPII at the Metropolitan Cathedral which I found a litle creepy with Mary climbing out of his chest. At his back are zillions of keys (many are real house keys) that tumble down to form roses.
Metropolitan Cathedral

Groovy light.
Jacarandas as seen close up from the upper deck of the bus
No smoking, no umbrellas, you will be smacked in the head by trees.
All of the trees smacking the bus (and its occupants) often knocked things down onto us. These things often fell into my shirt. I had to save this little fellow from a suffocating death in my bra.
If you find yourself in the DF and feel inclined to take the Turibus, get on at the Angel of Independance. Go tour down to the Zócalo and in that area, then get off again at the Angel. The rest of the trip is miserable.
When it was all over, I took Dana to La Casa de las Enchiladas where Dana said that our delicious meal made up for the busride. There I was able to show off my amazing Spanish while reading the menu, "That's some type of pork. So is that. That means that it's been flattened and it's pork. That's chorizo -- it's made of pork. And that one is beef."

No comments:

Post a Comment